'I believe in love at first sight for houses - but not for people.' - Danielle Steel
The undisputed #1 Top Producing Agent out of all 425 agents in 20 Golden Gate Sotheby's International Realty offices is Herman Chan. In 2017, he successfully closed and house for a happy client every 5 days. As one of the most beloved realtors in the business, he has earned countless perfect 5 star online reviews from raving customers who were dazzled by Herman surpassing their highest expectations.
After brokering over half a billion dollars worth of property, it is no secret that Herman Chan is thee leading expert in all things real estate & luxury. For almost 20 years, Herman's award-winning marketing strategies and millennial tech savvy combine to afford his devoted clientele an artful approach for unprecedented success.
Being a tri-lingual (English, French, and Chinese) Mass Communications major from UC Berkeley & a true San Francisco Bay Area native, his rapid ascent to becoming the region's premier real estate agent soon caught the attention of the entertainment industry.
In the years since -- as a best selling author, speaker and TV personality -- Herman is routinely sought after to provide key insight into the real estate market and beyond for the television and news outlets, such as HGTV, CBC, CNET, MSNBC, Huffington Post, CBS, PBS, CNN Money, USA Today, US News & World Report & Netflix.
While his charismatic personality shines on camera, it's his passionate pursuit of excellence for his clients that elicits praise throughout the industry and compels clients to trust him with their friends and family. At this point in his career, nearly 100% of Herman's business comes from referrals.
Armed with renowned local expertise & global reach, his storied track record of success speaks for itself. Herman continues his unwavering effort on behalf of his devoted clientele to not only realize their goals, but exceed them like only he can.
- University of California, Berkeley. Mass Communications & French Minor. Top Honors
- California Licensed Broker Lic.# 01988025
- Sotheby's Certified Global Advisor / China Program (only 35 out of 18,000 Sotheby's Agents selected)
- Top Agent Network Member (Private MLS of OFF Market Inventory for top 10% Agents Exclusively)
- Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
- Million Dollar Guild Institute for Luxury Home Marketing
- Top .05% Nationally Ranked Realtor in Real Trends Report by Wall Street Journal & Zillow
- Ranked Top 100 Realtor in Sales Volume by San Francisco Magazine
- 2017 Top 100 Influential by Inman News
- A-List AREAA Top Producer
- Real Estate Expert on HGTV, CNN Money, Huffington Post, CBS, CNET, PBS, Logo, San Francisco Chronicle, Netflix
- National Public Speaker on Luxury Real Estate, Branding & Marketing
- Best Selling Author of Looking Up (#8 Best Sellers List on Amazon)
- National Luxury Chair for Asian Real Estate Association of America AREAA.org (Non-Profit Promoting Home Ownership, 17,000 members in 39 Chapters)
- Co-Curator and Editor for the Art Exhibition and Book Herstory: The Legal History of Chinese American Women
- Art Curator for Golden Gate Sotheby's International Realty's Art Gallery
- Over 112 perfect 5 Star Reviews on Yelp & Google